Women's Leadership institute (WLI) readings
Books provided to you (will discuss at orientation)
- Francis Lawrence, Leadership in Higher Education
- Daniel Pink, Drive: The Surprising Truth about What Motivates Us
- Boice, R. (2000). Advice for new faculty members: Nihil nimus. Boston: Allyn & Bacon.
- Bolman, L.G. & Deal, T.E. (2008). Reframing organizations: Artistry, choice, and leadership. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass
- Kim, W.C.& Maubargne, R. (2005). Blue ocean strategy: How to create uncontested market space and make competition irrelevant. Boston: Harvard Business School Publishing Corporation.
- Kotter, J. (2008). A sense of urgency. Boston: Harvard Business School Publishing Corporation.
- Kotter, J. (2005). Our iceberg is melting: Changing and succeeding under any conditions. Boston: Harvard Business School Publishing Corporation.
- Leaming, D.R. (1998). Academic Leadership: A practical guide to chairing the department. Boston: Anker Publishing Company.
- Maki, P.L. (2004). Assessing for Learning: Building a sustainable commitment across the institution. Sterling: AAHE.
- Mortimer, K.P. & Satahre, C.O. (2007). The art and politics of academic governance: Relations among boards, presidents, and faculty. Lanham: Rowman & Littlefield Publishers, Inc.
- Patterson, K., et.al. (2002). Crucial Conversations: Tools for talking when the stakes are high. New York: McGraw Hill.
- Change: The Magazine of Higher Learning
- Educase Review: Why IT Matters to Higher Education