International student Resources
Links to International Offices at WNY Colleges and Universities
- Collegiate Links for International Students
- Enlaces colegiado para estudiantes internacionales
- Collegiate Links für internationale Studierende
- Liens collégiale pour les étudiants internationaux
- Коллегиальный ссылки для иностранных студентов
The SUNY Application
This site has a wealth of useful resources for international students. There are 2 tests for English that international students will need to take in order to be accepted, and each school has a different score requirement on these tests in order to be admitted. All of the SUNY requirements are on the SUNY application sites, with the appropriate links below.
- English Language Requirement Assessments
- SUNY Requirements for International Students
- English Proficiency Report and Additional Forms
- English language Proficiency Offerings at SUNY campuses are tailored to meet the diverse needs of the specific students and communities that they serve. These offerings range from a series of courses for students enrolled in academic programs to full-time, intensive programs. English language proficiency offerings are delivered in year-round, semester and summer formats with part-time and full-time options.
sources of additional information
- EducationUSA is a global network of more than 400 advising centers supported by the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs at the U.S. Department of State. The Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA) fosters mutual understanding between the United States and other countries by promoting personal, professional, and institutional ties between private citizens and organizations in the United States and abroad, as well as by presenting U.S. history, society, art and culture in all of its diversity to overseas audiences. The foreign students of yesterday are becoming the world leaders today." This is a great tool for international students. Here, they can connect with a counselor in the U.S. who can guide them to a school that matches their profile and help them with the application process.
- The TOEFL Test is the most widely respected English-language test in the world, recognized by more than 8,000 colleges, universities and agencies in more than 130 countries. Wherever you want to study, the TOEFL test can help you get there.
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is the world's proven English test. Over 1.4 million candidates take the test each year to start their journeys into international education and employment.
- National Association for College Admission Counseling (NACAC): International Students: For international students preparing to attend college in the US, unique issues make the college transition process a challenging one. However, NACAC members are dedicated to helping all students make the transition to higher education. Here you will find a collection of additional resources that may be helpful in the college admission and application process.
- College Board for International Students: If you live in another country and want to go to college in the U.S., remember that it takes some planning. In addition, prospective international students will have to take the SAT or ACT, if not both, for certain schools in order to be admitted.
- Studying in the United States: This website serves as a guide for studying in the U.S. A variety of detailed information is provided including U.S. history and culture, higher education in the U.S., the process and requirements when coming to the U.S., and helpful recommendations for international students interested in studying in the U.S.