welcome parents to WNY College Connection!
Parenting and supporting a college student can be filled with joy as well as challenges. This section is intended to help you navigate your student's transition from high school to college. It is also intended to give you some resources you may welcome along the way. It is written "in general" so information will be more or less relevant depending on your family circumstances and which institution your son or daughter has chosen to attend. Even though there is academic work to accomplish for your student to receive an undergraduate diploma, getting there is all about relationships-yours, theirs, and the ones at the college or university.
You will see modules to your left that will help you identify the perfect school and get you started on the right foot!
College Degree Finder: This tool will help you to identify the discipline (i.e. business, education, engineering) and the major (marketing, elementary education, or electrical engineering) and with a click of the button, all of the schools in WNY that offer your degree!
- Student Life Profiler: Learn what kind of Sports, Cultural, Social, Service, Greek, and other clubs and organizations are on each of the campuses in WNY!
- YouTube Videos: Check out video clips presented by actual college students from the 21 WNY Colleges and Universities.
- Career Assessment: Start college with a clear focus on why you are there and what direction you are going in! Links to high quality Career Assessments will help you choose a career direction and the appropriate major. Those who start college with a career focus are more likely to graduate on time (saving $10,000s of your money!), graduate with a higher Grade Point Average, and graduate better prepared to start your career! The ultimate goal of career assessments are to give you a direction and the best possible chance to succeed in college and beyond.
- Discover WNY: Western New York (WNY) has a wealth of things to do and Discover WNY will show you a Western New York that will definitely surprise you!
- Calendar: Take a look at what the 21 colleges and universities are offering!
be sure to check out:
- College Parents
- WNY Colleges
- College Success
- Financial Aid
- Disability Services
- YouTube Videos
Wny college connection
a world of opportunity for your child!
WNY College Connection would like to thank Dr. Richanne C. Mankey for contributing to this web site by authoring our College Parents section.